IVF FELLOWSHIP COURSE
The mission is to provide an educational program dedicated to academic excellence that provides the essential knowledge and skills to produce competent clinical embryologists and andrologists.
- 2 Months Gynecology
- 4 Months IVF Specialization
- USMLE I & II Optional Training
- Obstetrics & Gynecology- MS/ DNB
- Clinical Embryologist
1. The aim of this course is to provide the candidate with every opportunity to gain proficiency in clinical workup, diagnosis and evidence based management of infertile couple to encourage research work relevant to the subspecialty.
2. The fellowship in Reproductive Medicine has been designed as a comprehensive one year training programme in all aspects of Reproductive Medicine including
- Foetal Medicine
- Clinical Psychology.
3. Provides a broad base of graduate education in
- Foundational Sciences - biochemistry, embryology, genetics, molecular biology and biostatistics.
- Laboratory Sciences - Embryology and andrology and endocrinology, as well as technical IVF hands on skills.
- Establish the roles of different team members in IVF in terms of patient diagnosis and treatment as well as privacy issues, patient safety and ethical/legal concerns.
The program’s curriculum is organized to provide increasing levels of responsibility for trainees with respect to patient care and procedure performance which is assessed on the basis of evaluating each fellow’s
The practice of Reproductive Medicine involves the following major subgroup of patients
a. Infertile couple with female factors like anovulation, tubal factor, endometriosis , endocrine abnormality etc.
b. Infertile couple with male factors like sexual dysfunction, obstructive azoospermia, non obstructive azoospermia, oligoasthenoteratozoospermia (OATS) etc.
c. Infertile couple with combined factor.
d. Third party reproduction like oocyte donation, sperm donation, surrogacy etc.
PAPER-I: HUMAN REPRODUCTION (BASIC SCIENCES)
- Genetics and molecular biology
- Gynecology of Infertility
- Reproductive Genetics
- Pediatric and adolescence
- Disorders of menstruation
PAPER-II: ART & CLINICAL EMBRYOLOGY
- Andrology laboratory
- Assisted reproductive technology
- Embryology laboratory
- Statistics and epidemiology
- Ethics and law
- The fundamental components of the teaching programme include.
1) Case presentation & discussion - once a week.
2) Seminar - once a week.
3) Journal club – once a week.
4) Faculty lecture teaching – twice a month.
5) Clinical assessment – once in six months.
6) Rotation training in subspecialty.
7) Interesting and difficult case discussions.
- The daily rounds include bedside discussions including examination, investigation and management plan.
- The candidate will maintain a daily training record / log book for continuous self assessment to record the following:
1) Clinical attendance.
2) Attendance at departmental meetings and seminars.
3) Record of case presentation and other academic activities.
4) Record of the cases done or assisted by a candidate in O.T This record will be checked and signed regularly by the teacher.
The trainee will undergo a clinical rotation in different subspecialties as follows.
- Reproductive medicine – 10 months. (parent unit)
- Embryology lab. – 4 weeks
- Radiology and fetal medicine – 2 weeks
- Centre for Advanced Gynae Endoscopy Surgery (CAGES) – 2 weeks
- Teaching delivered by leading experts and clinicians to the highest medical standards.
- Short intensive courses with a minimum time investment and maximum learning outcomes.
- Continuous post-course support through online learning and Q&A sessions.
- Comprehensive programs with theory and practical sessions for applicability of knowledge.
- Best practices for the IVF laboratory with special emphasis on design, work flow and current FDA regulations.
- Ethical concerns and patient rights covered throughout the curriculum.
After assessment shows adequate performance and enough scores by the trainee, subject to which the trainee will receive an accredited certificate that shows he/she is legal to practice independently as a Consultant/Clinician in Reproductive Medicine.