CARDIOLOGY FELLOWSHIP COURSE
The mission of the Program is to develop future leaders in cardiovascular medicine in the areas of clinical care, education, and scientific discovery and to train our fellow’s to be well rounded cardiologists with the latest updates.
- Internal medicine - 2 months
- Cardiology Specialization – 4 Months
- USMLE I & II Optional Training
- Post Graduates in Internal Medicine
- DNB in Internal Medicine.
This fellowship is designed to train clinical and academic cardiologists to assume leadership roles in Basic, Clinical research and in Clinical Cardiology.
The program’s curriculum is organized to provide increasing levels of responsibility for trainees with respect to patient care and procedure performance which is assessed on the basis of evaluating each fellow’s
- Clinical Judgement
- Clinical skills
- Medical knowledge
- Procedural Skills
- Professionalism and Communication Skills
- Leadership ability and continuing scholarship.
1. Experience and training in the evaluation and management of a wide variety of patients with acute and chronic cardiovascular conditions including:
- Coronary heart disease
- Congestive heart disease
- Acute myocardial infarction and other acute ischemic syndromes
- Lipid disorders
- Hypertension cardiomyopathy
- Valvular heart disease
- Pulmonary heart disease
- Peripheral vascular disease, infections and inflammatory heart disease and
- Adult congenital heart disease.
2. ELECTIVES DURING THE TRAINING
3. Each fellow will have the following minimum number of rotations in:
- Non-Invasive Rotations
- Electro Physiology
- Non-Laboratory clinical practice activities
1. CME conferences
Weekly CME conferences to enhance their knowledge in cardiovascular disease.
2. Mentorship and Evaluation
Prior to the first day in the program, incoming fellows will be assigned a mentor, under whom they will be rotated throughout the program.
After assessment shows adequate performance and enough scores by the trainee, subject to which the trainee will receive an accredited certificate that shows he/she is legal to practice independently as a Consultant Cardiologist.